Fried and Fried, P.A.
toll free 888-831-2597
local 239-243-9287

child custody Archives

Unmarried parents and child custody

When it comes to family law, various issues arise, all of which can be challenging. From dividing marital property to setting up a child support order, couples may encounter a wide variety of legal hurdles when splitting up. However, if you are an unmarried parent and have children, you may be particularly uncertain of what to do next and worried about custody matters. At Fried and Fried, our Florida law firm is all too familiar with the struggles that parents in this position may be facing.

Managing emotions that arise during a custody dispute

For both parents and children, the emotional toll of divorce can be significant. However, there are ways that parents in Lee County and all across the state of Florida can make these stressful issues easier for children, as well as themselves. At Fried and Fried, we know how beneficial it can be for parents to properly manage their emotions during disputes which involve child custody.

Can custody issues affect my child's passport?

When it comes to international travel, there are a number of matters related to family law that can affect parents as well as children. For example, a non-custodial parent who has fallen behind on their child support may be unable to obtain, use or renew their passport. In Lee County, Florida, it is important to understand whether or not your child's passport may also be affected by custody issues.

Can I modify my parenting plan?

From child support to anxiety over divorce-related disputes, parents who split up may have a slew of hurdles to overcome. However, it can be especially contentious if you and the other parent of your child have any disagreements that are related to child custody or visitation. In Lee County, and all across Florida, parents should commit to obtaining an outcome that protects their rights and also serves their child's best interests. In some cases, this may involve the modification of a parenting plan.

What is custody interference?

When a child's parents split up, a number of legal issues may arise. If you have recently gone through a divorce in Lee County or are living apart from your child's other parent, you may know how stressful it can be to find yourself in this position. With child support, visitation or any other legal matters you may encounter, you should always focus on your child's best interests. Moreover, there are other complications that you must handle appropriately if they start to affect your life, such as custody interference.

Five things you should know about parenting plans

Child custody is an area of family law that is ruled by emotions. Parents want what is best for their children. It is usually easier for parents who live together to work through issues, but when the parents aren't in a relationship, things can get difficult. This is where a parenting plan comes into the picture.

Do grandparents have visitation rights?

If you are a grandparent or are concerned about a grandparent's ability to visit your child, it is vital to understand where state law stands on grandparent visitation. In Lee County, and across Florida, visitation can have a significant impact on families. As a result, it is essential for parents to make the best interests of their children a top priority and handle legal matters involving their family properly.

6 tips for single parents returning to school

As a newly single person, you may be asking yourself, "What now?" You have the rest of your life ahead of you, and now is the time to start living it. If you always wanted to go back to school, now may be the time. Going back to school as a single parent can be challenging but very rewarding. Here are six tips to help ease your transition back to school.

Parenting time and military service

From deployment to spending time away from loved ones, members of the military may face a number of challenges. However, in Lee County, and across Florida, military service may also have an impact on parenting time. For parents who serve in the military (or share parenting responsibilities with a military member), it is vital to understand how the laws in this state could affect their set of circumstances.

Office Location:

Fried and fried, P.A. 2524 East First Street Fort Myers, FL 33901

Ph: 239-243-9287 Toll Free: 888-831-2597 Fax: 239-337-4693 Map & Directions