Fried and Fried, P.A.
Consult With An Attorney
Toll free: 888-831-2597
Local: 239-243-9287

Can I modify my parenting plan?

From child support to anxiety over divorce-related disputes, parents who split up may have a slew of hurdles to overcome. However, it can be especially contentious if you and the other parent of your child have any disagreements that are related to child custody or visitation. In Lee County, and all across Florida, parents should commit to obtaining an outcome that protects their rights and also serves their child's best interests. In some cases, this may involve the modification of a parenting plan.

According to the Florida Legislature, it is possible for a parenting plan to be modified. However, a number of conditions must be met. In order for your visitation schedule or parenting plan to be modified, it must be proven that there have been significant and physical changes to the situation that were not anticipated. When deciding to modify a parenting plan, courts will consider a variety of factors and try to secure an outcome that is in the best interests of the child.

There are all sorts of reasons why you may wish to modify your parenting plan. For example, you may believe that the current plan is not healthy for your child and that you may be able to improve their quality of life by making changes. Since these issues can be incredibly difficult to deal with, preparing for court and fully understanding the details of your circumstances is imperative.

This post was written to offer information on the modification of a parenting plan and should not be viewed as a substitute to legal advice.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Contact us

Fried and Fried, P.A.
2524 First Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901

Toll Free: 888-831-2597
Phone: 239-243-9287
Fax: 239-337-4693
Fort Myers Law Office Map

Fried and Fried, P.A. Map
Review us

Contact Us For A Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response