Fried and Fried, P.A. | Lee County Family Law & Divorce Attorneys

Consult With An Attorney

Toll free: 888-831-2597 | Local: 239-243-9287
A Tradition Of Excellence. A Forward-Thinking Family Law Practice.

Can I modify my parenting plan?

On Behalf of | Jan 6, 2017 | Child Custody |

From child support to anxiety over divorce-related disputes, parents who split up may have a slew of hurdles to overcome. However, it can be especially contentious if you and the other parent of your child have any disagreements that are related to child custody or visitation. In Lee County, and all across Florida, parents should commit to obtaining an outcome that protects their rights and also serves their child’s best interests. In some cases, this may involve the modification of a parenting plan.

According to the Florida Legislature, it is possible for a parenting plan to be modified. However, a number of conditions must be met. In order for your visitation schedule or parenting plan to be modified, it must be proven that there have been significant and physical changes to the situation that were not anticipated. When deciding to modify a parenting plan, courts will consider a variety of factors and try to secure an outcome that is in the best interests of the child.

There are all sorts of reasons why you may wish to modify your parenting plan. For example, you may believe that the current plan is not healthy for your child and that you may be able to improve their quality of life by making changes. Since these issues can be incredibly difficult to deal with, preparing for court and fully understanding the details of your circumstances is imperative.

This post was written to offer information on the modification of a parenting plan and should not be viewed as a substitute to legal advice.

FindLaw Network