Fried and Fried, P.A.
Consult With An Attorney
Toll free: 888-831-2597
Local: 239-243-9287

February 2017 Archives

Custodial parents and child support

When it comes to legal issues involving family law, there are a variety of topics that parents may go over, such as property distribution and alimony. However, those which involve children are often particularly stressful for fathers as well as their kids. Fathers may find themselves fighting for the custody of their child or attempting to prove that a child is not theirs. For fathers who live in Lee County, or another part of Southwest Florida, understanding various responsibilities and parental rights is paramount.

Which factors can influence the division of property?

For any couple going through divorce, the distribution of marital property can be challenging in various ways. That said, you may be facing even greater challenges if you are in the middle of a high asset divorce. In Lee County, and communities throughout Florida, the financial ramifications of divorce under these circumstances can be significant for both parties and it is important for you to understand some of the factors that the court may take into consideration when deciding how to divide your marital property.

3 considerations for stay-at-home moms during a divorce

You've been focusing on raising your children and thought your husband was out working to pay the bills. Instead, you found out that he has been cheating on you. The news that he filed for divorce came as a shock. Now, you are facing the prospect of trying to raise children as a single mother who doesn't have any recent workforce experience.

Child support and the Passport Denial Program

When parents fall behind on their child support obligations, a number of consequences may lie ahead, some of which they may not even realize. Aside from arrest and costly financial penalties, parents with back child support may not have the ability to obtain or renew their passport. In Lee County, Florida, it is crucial for non-custodial parents who owe child support to do everything they can to avoid these consequences, such as modifying their child support order to make payments more manageable.

Can custody issues affect my child's passport?

When it comes to international travel, there are a number of matters related to family law that can affect parents as well as children. For example, a non-custodial parent who has fallen behind on their child support may be unable to obtain, use or renew their passport. In Lee County, Florida, it is important to understand whether or not your child's passport may also be affected by custody issues.

Contact us

Fried and Fried, P.A.
2524 First Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901

Toll Free: 888-831-2597
Phone: 239-243-9287
Fax: 239-337-4693
Fort Myers Law Office Map

Fried and Fried, P.A. Map
Review us

Contact Us For A Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response