Fried and Fried, P.A.
Consult With An Attorney
Toll free: 888-831-2597
Local: 239-243-9287

June 2017 Archives

Can I divorce my mentally incapacitated spouse?

From infidelity to domestic violence, high asset couples decide that it is time to end their marriage for a wide variety of reasons. In Lee County, Florida, some people may come to the conclusion that divorce is necessary because their spouse has become mentally incapacitated. If you have found yourself going through this, you may be facing various challenges, but you should review how state law deals with this topic.

Can spousal rights be waived?

When it comes to marital property and contracts, many people are aware of prenuptial agreements and the different reasons why couples sign them. In Lee County, and counties through all of Florida, some people do not realize that postnuptial agreements are also a possibility and that people can waive their spousal rights.

Working through divorce as a high-profile couple

Whenever a couple decides to end their marriage, emotions can run high and daily life can be very stressful. However, these challenges can be even more difficult for high-couple profiles who live throughout the state of Florida. At Fried and Fried, we are all too familiar with the challenges that you may face if you have decided to split up with your spouse and are in this position.

Do immigrant domestic violence victims have legal protections?

With regard to domestic violence, it is crucial to keep in mind that each situation is unique and there are many factors that can make a case complicated. For example, some people may have children and could worry about how dealing with domestic violence could affect them. Or, someone may be subjected to domestic violence after immigrating to Florida, unsure of their legal rights and afraid to speak up. However, any occurrences of domestic violence must be addressed and victims deserve a voice.

How do you file a restraining order in Florida?

If you are a resident of Florida and a victim of stalking, you may find it necessary to file a restraining order, or take out what is known as an “injunction” on a person you believe is attempting to cause you harm.  Injunctions are legally binding documents that can prevent stalkers or abusers from coming within a set distance from you, and many people who seek them are victims of domestic or sexual violence.

Contact us

Fried and Fried, P.A.
2524 First Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901

Toll Free: 888-831-2597
Phone: 239-243-9287
Fax: 239-337-4693
Fort Myers Law Office Map

Fried and Fried, P.A. Map
Review us

Contact Us For A Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response