Fried and Fried, P.A. | Lee County Family Law & Divorce Attorneys

Consult With An Attorney

Toll free: 888-831-2597 | Local: 239-243-9287
A Tradition Of Excellence. A Forward-Thinking Family Law Practice.

Unmarried parents and child custody

On Behalf of | May 26, 2017 | Child Custody |

When it comes to family law, various issues arise, all of which can be challenging. From dividing marital property to setting up a child support order, couples may encounter a wide variety of legal hurdles when splitting up. However, if you are an unmarried parent and have children, you may be particularly uncertain of what to do next and worried about custody matters. At Fried and Fried, our Florida law firm is all too familiar with the struggles that parents in this position may be facing.

Whether you are the mother or father of your child, it is essential to have a solid understanding of your rights when splitting up with the child’s other parent, even if the two of you are not married. For example, fathers may have difficulty spending time with their children if they were not married to the child’s mother. However, by taking the right steps and carefully approaching these issues, some may be able to regain their ability to spend time with children even after they have separated from the child’s mother.

When it comes to child custody and all other matters involving children, focusing on the child’s best interests should always be the top priority for each parent. Although legal disputes involving custody, child support and other family law matters can be overwhelming, reducing stress and remaining focused on a healthy outcome is paramount.

On our page devoted to child custody and visitation, you can read more information that is related to establishing a custody order.

FindLaw Network